Monday, September 16, 2013

O.M.G. Shoes!!




Hello my loves, since its been awhile I decided I would dig up some new posts for you. Now I absolutely LOVE shoes (I have a series of posts dedicated to it) so it only felt right I did this one. Looking on Aldo's website I noticed that they have teamed up with ELLE on a line. Its divided into two categories: Dawn or Dusk. If you click the link above you can either watch the teaser or play the interactive video. 




The video plays out and tells you that you have five seconds to choose who's shoes you want to step into too. You can either choose Dusk or Dawn. It then takes you through and gives you other options and you get to see all these different shoes in the collections. If you would like to shop the collection you can!

My favorites from the Dusk Gallery.
The Reynosa comes in two colors Bordeaux and Black. This wedge boot has got to be one of the best ones I've seen yet! The heel height measures at 4.5". Its material is leather, a patent finish with rubber soles. With the price tag at $150 this is definitely an investment shoe. 

The Butimba is a classic peep toe that comes in three other colors: Taupe, Navy, and Midnight Black. The heel height measures at 4.25" and is a block heel which to me is way more comfortable than stilettos. This particular shoe runs in sizes 5-11. With a price tag of $70 these shoes are affordable and would go perfectly with any look. 



My favorites from the Dawn gallery.


How cute is this Izyum boot?! The thing I love about it is that its an easy slip on and your ready to go type of boot. The heel height is 1.5" and the shaft height is measured at 6.75". Though the shoe may be pretty and all the price tag is $180 and if your willing to invest in a shoe I would definitely go with something like this.


It seems as though the oxford trend has died down a bit or so I thought. This Nogoya shoe comes in Black Patent, Black, Cognac, and Red. I'm obsessed with oxford shoes because there so classic. This shoe goes for $100, although if you want it in this Patent Black or Red you'll have to pay another $10. 

If you want to shop the collections and see the other shoes available just click here.

What I always do when buying an item that has a high price is divide the price by how many times you would wear it in a month. If your going to wear this piece more than a handful of times than its definitely worth the purchase. Normally when shopping you know if your really going to wear the item and sometimes what you want you never really wear (I've got tons of items I still haven't worn) and thats fine. It happens, but don't just blow your money on items "just because" when you could possibly find something later on that you really want and know in your heart it will actually get a lot of use.



xoxo, The Social Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment