Thursday, March 3, 2011

From Brooklyn to Manhattan

Hey Fashionista's, I know I haven't been blogging regularly lately but I'll try my best to get back on it. I've moved back to Brooklyn and I'm searching for a job so that pretty much takes up my days. Today I had a very good lunch date with my oldest sister Jenn's best friend Danilsa. It was such a good lunch (we went to Ruby Tuesdays on 7th) , I ordered a grilled chicken salad. I always said I would never be one of those people who order a salad   but I didn't wanna order something that would mess up my stomach because I wasn't feeling so great. Any who, I got to the city a little early so I killed some time and hit up Starbucks over on 6th and ordered (for the first time) a tall Extra Coffee Caramel Frappuccino. It was amazing but it wasn't so smart ordering a cold drink when I wasn't wearing any gloves. I then headed to Sephora back on 7th with the intention of just looking. Of course that didnt happen and I ended up purchasing make-up and some facial cleansing wipes, I also received my free birthday gift early!



My free birthday gift (my birthday-march 15th)
Flavor: Vanilla Birthday Cake
Uses: Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath
Since I cant use perfumed soap on my skin because of eczema I'll be using this in my hair. Hopefully no one will want to eat my hair. 


So since I moved back to Brooklyn I never really noticed that I forgot my makeup brushes. I'm also running out of foundation and I lost my concealer. I'm the worst when it comes to keeping my make-up stuff together but I'm getting better at it. My last foundation was from the VS brand and I wasn't to happy with the coverage and look of it. I wanted to try something different so I walked around Sephora and the Sephora stored brand makeup was right in the front so I looked around. I noticed these kits and decided I wanted to try it out. As you can see on the box it comes with Smoothing Primer, Buildable Cover Concealer + Concealer Brush, Mineral Compact Foundation + Powder Brush and Double-Sided Sponge. Inside the box it comes with a card that tells you how to apply all your make-up. I'll definitely do a review for this after the month is up.


Finally but not least, I bought these Express Cleansing Wipes. It cleanses and removes all types of make-up even long wearing make-up without leaving it oily. It contains HydroSenn+ which is a softening ingredient. I'm super excited to use these because since I rarely wear make-up I never used wipes I always just removed my make-up and exfoliated.

My experience in Sephora was amazing as usual. The Buildable Cover Complexion Kit was originally $78.00 but was on sale for $34.00 (thats such a steal!) and the Cleansing Wipes were $9.00 (very inexpensive). Sephora is a bit pricey but for good quality make-up you have to pay up. If your just starting out into make-up I recommend you start out with drugstore items. There the best and usually most brands are good quality. I have 94 points with my beauty insider card, when you hit 100 you receive a free gift so sign up today! Its FREE!

xoxo, The Social Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment